Need help? Call us now: 0281 223 2000
USE OF INFORMATION
We use your personal data to fulfill the purpose for which it was provided, or as otherwise set forth in this policy. For example, we may use your personal data as necessary to:
- process your reservation request and payment;
- enroll you in Platinum Hotels Select Guest® or the DISCOVERY guest loyalty program;
- contact you about your reservation;
- make requested changes to your reservation or user account;
- provide you with a personalized experience on our websites;
- respond to your inquiries and other communications;
- register you to receive newsletters or other information for which you’ve expressed an interest; and
- to comply with legal requirements.
You may opt out of receiving any promotional or marketing emails at any time by contacting us directly or by following the “opt out” or “unsubscribe” links in such emails. We may, however, continue to contact you with relevant information about your past or upcoming reservations with us.
We may use the usage data we collect for any reason we deem appropriate, including to improve, maintain, and operate our websites and services.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We will not sell any of your personal data to any outside organization. We only disclose your personal data to third parties as reasonably necessary to carry out the permitted uses described in the “USE OF INFORMATION” section of this policy. For example, we may share personal data with:
- our payment processors, technical and customer support contractors, and other service providers who are required to keep the personal data confidential and are prohibited from using it other than to carry out their services on our behalf;
- our successors in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, or similar transaction affecting the relevant portion of our business; and
- legal and governmental authorities or other third parties, to the extent required to comply with a legal order or applicable law.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Platinum Hotels & Resorts is committed to the security of your personal data. We use commercially reasonable technical measures to protect personal data in our possession, and our website uses secure socket layer (SSL) encryption technology to help protect the privacy of credit card information, name, address, email and other sensitive information you provide to us.
COOKIES AND PROFILES
You can set your computer to warn you each time a cookie is sent or turn off all cookies (except Flash cookies) through your browser. Check your browser's Help menu or your built-in mobile device settings to find out how. Some mobile devices store cookies not only in areas connected to the browser, but also in areas that are app-specific, which cannot be controlled by the browser settings. Check your app settings options on your mobile device to find out how to manage or delete cookies that may be stored in these other areas. If you do not accept cookies, some features, services or activities that are available on our websites or mobile apps may be adversely affected and you may be unable to perform certain transactions, use certain functionality, and access certain content. The choice to accept or deny a cookie is different from your choice to accept/deny email messages.
We also serve ads through third-party advertising technology. In the course of serving our advertisements to you, unique third-party persistent cookies, clear gifs or beacon gifs may be placed on your computer or device to help manage our online advertising, recognize when a device visits our websites, learn which ads bring users to our websites, and track whether a reservation is made. The information our ad-serving providers and we collect through this technology is not personally identifiable but is used to create an anonymous profile which allows the ad-serving provider to serve ads targeted towards you and your interests across the ad-serving network. Our third party marketing partners may then pool the anonymous information that they collect from our websites and mobile applications with other sources of information, which may include your name and mailing address, for purposes of sending you direct mail or a catalog.
Our websites do not currently respond to “Do Not Track” signals that may be sent by your device or browser.